How Blogging Can Launch a Career in Fashion | Social Buzz Pros
With the growth of blogs as a prominent platform to relay information to the general public, it comes as no surprise that the influence of bloggers on product consumption has escalated exponentially.
In fact, the influence of normal, everyday bloggers are quite significant, as people who follow blogs depend on the bloggers to give honest reviewson products they have tested out. Their recommendations are known to make products fly off the shelves. Therefore, brands in the fashion industry have recently turned to fashion blogs in hopes of tapping into the niche already made by fashion bloggers.
The Power of Fashion Blogs
Many fashion bloggers that started out as hobbies have turned into household names in the fashion world.
Fashion blogs with a significant following such as the Blonde Salad started by Italian fashion show front row regular, Chiara Ferragni in 2009 has 2.9 million followers on arguably one of the most important social media platform, Instagram.
- Every single Instagram post reaches 2.9 million people or more.
- After three months of starting her fashion blog, she started getting front row invitations to fashion shows to blog about the fashion.
- She has collaborated with luxury brands like Louis Vuitton, Christian Dior, and MaxMara.
- She has recently appeared on the premiere fashion TV show as a guest judge, Project Runway.
- Five years from the launch of the Blonde Salad, Ferragni now has a team of 13 people with annual revenue of $7 million from a shoe line she started, advertisements, commissions and brand consultancy.
Bryan Grey Yambao, also known as BryanBoy in the blogosphere is another key figure in the front-row fixture who has gained notability through his successful fashion blog.
- Started his blog in 2004
- A key face at many luxury fashion shows such as Marc Jacobs, Dolce & Gabbana, etc.
- Made $100,000 in revenue in 2010
- Carries frequent conversations with fashion designers such as Stefano Gabbana
- Known to have "unvarnished honesty"
- Significant following on his blog with 1.4 million views per month
Rumi Neely is a fashion blogger who gained momentum in her fashion career as a fashion blogger and fashion model.
- Began her blog, Fashion Toast in 2008 and combined it with her eBay store, Treasure Chest Vintage
- Has 35,000 hits per day on her fashion blog
- Designed clothes for brands such as RVCA and Tobi.com
- Modeled for Forever21, Rebecca Minkoff, Bulgari, and Free People
Elin Kling is a Swedish fashion blogger and journalist who has become a force to be reckoned with in the fashion world.
- Started her personal blog, Style by Kling, now known as elin-kling.com, because her friend forced her to and became the largest fashion blog in 2 days
- Has her own fashion editorial magazine, Styleby
- Began her own fashion line, Totême
- Collaborated with H&M and Guess
How to Turn Your Fashion Blog Into a Career
Many fashion bloggers are becoming sensations in the fashion industry through the use of influence on their audience. The key to having a fashion career as a blogger is to create partnerships with key players after achieving high visibility. Fashion bloggers who made the most of their online fame were often entrepreneurial, collaborating on projects with retailers, designers, and stylists.
At Social Buzz Pros we are experts in online marketing and social media management. Our professional writers are trained in SEO best practices, ensuring the interesting, high quality online content needed to elevate your business online. Consult with us by calling 424-354-8144 or emailing email@example.com today!
You May Also Be Interested In