How to Do a Podcast | Social Buzz Pros
Interested in jumping on the Podcasting bandwagon? It’s not as hard as you may think, with a little ambition and determination anyone can do it! But it’s not all easy, creating a regular virtual talk show on platforms such as iTunes may take some hard figuring out. Therefore, we decided to simplify it for you, here is our simple step guide to creating and maintain a podcast.
Setting Up Your Podcast
1) Pick a theme for your podcast. Before you even start your podcast, flesh out ideas for what your regular talk show will focus on. It should be something you are passionate ranging from the latest fashion trends to the latest happenings in the economy. You want to cater to a specific niche and not spread yourself too thin amongst all different audiences. This will get you a greater number of listeners who will tune in.
2) Choose a regular format. How will you be organizing your podcast? Will it be a talk and then a Q&A? Will you have guest speakers? Generally, podcasts’ hosts are known to have guest speakers on their show and have a one-on-one conversation about the topic. You should try out different formats until you feel comfortable with one.
- Formatting should also include regular episode length and schedule. Decide how long you would generally like your podcast to be. Should you make it twenty minutes long or an hour long? It should vary on topics. However, try to keep them under an hour, as people generally seem to tune out after that. Also pick a regular date and time that you will publish your podcast so the audience will know when to expect it.
3) Be aware of legalities. When you are podcasting, be aware of specific legal rights of some of the contents you may have on your podcast. For instance, you should have permission to use different audio clips or musical tracks on your podcast, as they are all mostly copyrighted. You don’t want to get into any legal troubles!
1) Have proper podcasting equipment. You do not need fancy, expensive equipment for podcasting. All you need are simple usb microphones and recording software, which may have came with your computer to record a podcast. All you need are the basics. In addition, if you would like to have better quality consider purchasing a pop filter, which will decrease explosive breath and eradicate bursts of air pressure that happen when you pronounce “b” or “p”.
2) Start recording. Talk about what you are interested in and stay on topic. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t get one thousand hits in your first few podcasts, many veteran podcasters have a huge following already and you are just beginning. Embrace it, because this is the time to make mistakes and learn from them.
3) Edit. After you have finished recording, edit your podcast to necessary bits. In addition, eliminate background noise with the recording software and other software of the sort like pop filters.
4) Share! Be sure to share your podcast to the general public because it would not be a podcast if you didn’t share it! Upload to sites such as iTunes, WordPress and Blogger.
These are some simple steps to getting you started on podcasting. Don’t be discouraged if you have difficulty in the beginning, keep in mind it is a learning process. Just follow these steps and you will have a successful podcast in no time! It just takes trial and error and most importantly determination and confidence!
Social Buzz Pros Can Help!
At Social Buzz Pros we are experts in online marketing and social media management. Our professional writers are trained in SEO best practices, ensuring the interesting, high quality online content needed to elevate your business online. Consult with us by calling 424-354-8144 or emailing email@example.com today!