An Introduction to SEO: What is Search Engine Optimization | Social Buzz Pros
Bing and Google are the largest, and most frequently used, search engine sites. Google trumps all other sites with about 67% of all searches being done on its platform, whereas Bing only has about 30%. However, with the increase in social media, sites like Facebook and YouTube also generate a lot of "searches" on their platforms, so they are not to be completely ignored.
What is Search Engine Optimization, SEO?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a "method used to boost the ranking or frequency of a website in results returned by a search engine, in an effort to maximize user traffic to the site." Essentially, it is "telling" search engines what your page is all about by leveraging keywords, URLs, titles, headings, descriptions, and more.
The Basics of Search Engine Optimization
Let's say you are optimizing your site for cat beauty contest. Here are a few tips on where to place this text so that it is Search Engine Optimized:
- The page's name or the URL is one of the most important places where your keyword cat café should be located. Wasting this space with extraneous content will decrease your chances in appearing high in search results.
- Within the page, titles should include your keyword, cat beauty contest as well as other words to go along with it. Examples could include: playing with cats, everything you need to know, looking after cats, visiting with cats, dressing up cats, competition, etc.
- The description tag is another place to implement keywords. The description tag can be used as a kind of sales pitch for users who are debating on clicking on your site or competitors. So, within the description be sure to include: cat beauty contest, events, everything cat beauty contest, taking care of cats, grooming, kitten contest, etc.
- Along with titles, headings and subheadings provide value with Search Engine Optimization.
- When including images, be sure to have a corresponding filename such as catcafe1.jpg.
- An imperative tip is to use text links. This links can send the user to other parts of your website or corresponding sites with more information about cat beauty contests.
- Repeating keywords in Search Engine Optimization is important. However, be sure to not include them too often because it will come off sounding too repetitive and overdone.
- Along with repeating keywords, be sure to draw attention to them using different weights of text like bold or italic.
How Social Buzz Pros Can Help with SEO
At Social Buzz Pros, we are experts in online marketing and social media management. Our professional writers are trained in SEO best practices, ensuring the impressive, high-quality online content needed to elevate your business online. Consult with us by calling 424-354-8144 or emailing email@example.com today!